I'm so glad...

I'm so glad that I don't have any money invested in the stock market. I'm also glad that God has things under control. Remember the time in the Bible when the Israelites were complaining that they didn't have any meat? Remember how God was saying, "Trust me. I will provide." Hopefully we Americans can learn something about finances and necessities from the Israelites.

I, like most Americans, have debt. I have student loans to pay off. I have a car payment. I have a dental payment every month. And I have a little bit of credit card debt I'm paying off from college. However, I don't spend more than I make these days. All of my extra money goes to paying this stuff off.

I got to thinking today about my spending habits in college and right out of college after a friend of mine was telling me an unbelievable story. This friend knows someone who puts their rent on their credit card every month. And every month she spends her rent money on clothes and toys. She is just racking up debt that she can't pay off. My spending habits have changed these days. No Starbucks except on rare occasions. I'm trying not to eat out anymore. No more clothes. I have enough of those.

When did we become a society that thinks excess is necessity? Maybe we have always been that way. i do think that we can change this one latte at a time. Make a decision to stop spending your money on this stuff, and don't pressure your friends to spend money on it.

My hope is in God, and I know He is the ultimate provider. I pray that you have the same faith. If you don't, and you want to talk about it, let me know! God is good, and He will take care of us!

0 comments: