Junior High Girls

First of all, let me apologize for my hiatus again. Between friends getting married and the Christmas break there hasn't been much time for blogging. But I'm back!

My friend Amanda and I are teaching the junior high girls class at church on Wednesday nights. This week we're going to talk about self esteem, which I know a little bit about. Looking around at the circle of girls last week, I thought about how truly beautiful each of them is in their own way.

It breaks my heart that some of these girls don't realize that. They don't realize that God created them just as they are with a very specific purpose in mind. How do you convey that to a 14-year-old girl who has just been rejected by a guy at school because she's too tall?

Any ideas for us teachers??

2 comments:

Jeff's Photos said...

Wow. I am glad I don't have to deal with Jr High girls. Julie and I teach 4 yr olds at Church and this morning Claire came to class crying because a car drove by her to close in the parking lot and it scared her. Being the father of a Jr High daughter I am very thankful for people like you who can teach and relate to that age. God's plan is so beautiful because it relates to everyone from 4 yr olds to whatever age you are. Praise God.

Renee Lewis said...

Thanks Jeff for your words!