Love extravagantly



The last time I checked, God was a god of love. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. While I know we, as Christians, believe in the Bible and God's laws, we are also charged to practice faith, hope and love.

So tonight I can't sleep. I can't sleep because so many people are searching for love from their brothers and sisters in Christ and can't find it. I say this as one of the offenders. At times in my life I have found it so-called easier to walk away from relationships than to love without fail. I have made this decision because other people have done things or made decisions that didn't fall in line with my beliefs and worldview. And maybe I thought that was my way of showing Christ to them. As I've learned, however, that action was doing the opposite of showing Christ.

So, yes, I believe every word of the Bible. However, thankfully, I am not the judge. And I am not the law enforcer here. Where in the Bible was the church called to be the judge? Where were we called to be police officers for God? I am so thankful that my only job is to love without fail... to love like Jesus loved... to show that love to others... the rest is up to God, not me.

I ask for forgiveness for being an offender. I pray for strength to love without fail all the days of my life.

I love The Message's translation of 1 Cor. 13:

"If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

"Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut. Doesn't have a swelled head. Doesn't force itself on others. Isn't always 'me first.' Doesn't fly off the handle. Doesn't keep score of the sins of others. Doesn't revel when others grovel. Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth. Puts up with anything. Trusts God always. Always looks for the best. Never looks back. But keeps going to the end........

".........But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog gives encouragement :) Keep it up

rambabu said...

hi guy

it's great picture

it's really a blessing thing to feel someone be happy at that time. As i felt. ..

Thanx