Getting Old, Missing Friends

I think I'm getting old. Here's how I know: The things that were once important to me aren't important to me anymore. My desire to be successful by the world's standard weakens every day. 


I learned this weekend that a really good friend from college had a tragedy in his family this past week. I wish that I had kept in touch with him over the past few years. I want to hug my brother and tell him I love him right now. I am praying for him every day, and I hope he knows that I still care about him.

Today I received the Harding Homecoming postcard in the mail. It was kind of bizarre receiving that in my mailbox today. Usually I'm there anyway. I had a major "I miss Harding" moment today after thinking about college days with my friend I talked about earlier and seeing that postcard. 

That got me to thinking about my friendships from Harding and all of my relationships in general. And that got me to thinking that God designed us for community. I'm so thankful for the community God has given me in my family, my new friends in Louisville, and especially my friends at HU. I guess my old age is helping me understand how much I really love the people in my life. 

Who are the people you appreciate the most? Have you told them how much you love them?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it when people come together and share opinions.

Great site, stick with it!
Here is my blog - Forex software trading