Bittersweet Today...

So today... It's Sunday. I woke up late. As always I was running late for early service. My roommate has to wait on me every Sunday. This morning was no exception. I kept doing dumb things this morning. I put my shirt on backwards. I dropped my diffuser about 5 times while I was drying my hair. My bangs did not cooperate. All of my clothes are too big right now so I was wearing pants that were too big and I forgot to wear a belt.

And, of course, we barely made it to church on time. So we ended up sitting in the very back row on the side where you can't read the words to the songs. The whole time I'm complaining in my head about the morning. My emotions are running high right now... I'll explain why in a minute... every little thing has more meaning to me because of that.

However, all of the morning's fumbles melted away as soon as we began to sing. This morning was more of a singing service than anything else. And with every song, tears began to flow. God is so good and so powerful. He has done so many great things in my life. I hope you have realized what He has done in your life.


Big Changes


I'm moving to Louisville, Ky.!!

I accepted a job at Southeast Christian Church this week. I am going to be working with the Communication team as a graphic designer/writer. My last day at Harding is May 15, and I'm loading up the truck with my dad May 16. I'll start at Southeast May 21. A picture of Southeast is below.



This is the first time since college that I have made a big move. I have only lived in two places my entire life: Salem, Ohio, population: 20,000; and Searcy, Ark., population: 20,000. What is crazy is Louisville is obviously a lot bigger than those two places. BUT!! Southeast Christian Church, average attendance: 18,000. That's not a typo. 18,000.

I'm a little overwhelmed thinking about those numbers. But when I think about how God has worked everything out for this move, I feel excitement and comfort. From everything from support from family and friends to financial stability to an amazing apartment deal to a mixup with my Invisalign treatment (long story) to amazing support from my HU family, God has made this move clear. This is the next chapter in my story. There's something so humbling about surrendering your talents to Him and letting Him write those chapters.

I have always had the desire to work for a church. Always. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to follow that calling. Even though I'm excited, I have major mixed emotions. Searcy is home. I LOVE my friends. I LOVE Downtown Church. I LOVE Harding.

OK... I will have many more details to share with you all later about this big transition. God is good! I can't say that enough right now.

Next post to come soon.... Surrender...

0 comments: