A good day

Today I had a wonderful relaxing day. I just did some stuff around the apartment most of the day. Tonight, I experienced my first dinner on Frankfort Avenue in Louisville. My friend Lauren and I ate at Ray Parella's. I had the baked spaghetti. YUM! And Lauren and I split the tiramisu for dessert. I haven't had a dinner like that in a very long time. It was definitely a treat. 


We then went to Border's on Shelbyville Road. There are some pretty interesting books out there about Barack Obama right now. These book
s talked about everything from his faith to him destroying America if he is elected. It's amazing that people get book deals out of some of this stuff.

Anyway... Jim Tressel has a new book out now. I read the chapter on faith while I was there. He talked about how being a Christian is more than just saying you're a Christian. It's about treating people like Jesus would. What a great chapter of what is probably a great book from a great coach. I remember his days when he was at Youngstown State. He was such a great influence on the people of my hometown. 
Today was also the Big Reach Back-to-School Day. (My dad is the director of the Big Reach at Greenford Christian Church in Greenford, Ohio.) I saw some of my mom's pictures tonight from the day. I think the entire Youngstown State football team showed up to help. How awesome! I saw those pictures and thought back to Jim Tressel's words. Everyone who volunteered at the Big Reach today was being Jesus to those who came. What a wonderful challenge to all of us!


1 comments:

Lyricality said...

reading your blog is like...
hugging a kitten...
or a puppy... but you're not my puppy.